Staff and students at Macmillan Academy have had a lovely morning celebrating the achievements of this years' Year 13 cohort. Having not seen the students since early March it was lovely to catch up with them.
The year group have been a pleasure to work with throughout their time at the academy; they have been great role models to
younger students, they have been dedicated and committed to their studies and have always been ambitious.
Mrs Scott (Head of Post 16) said the following about the year group, "This group of students are very special to me as I have been their head of year both in Year 13 and lower down the school. The way they have conducted themselves in Year 13 and throughout lockdown illustrates the calibre of these students and without doubt they will go on to be just as successful in the careers they choose to pursue. I am so proud of all that they have achieved."
2019-20 Headline Figures
- A-Level Pass Rate: 100%
- Vocational Pass Rate: 100%
- Average Grade Per Entry (A-Level): B
- Average Grade Per Entry (Vocantional): Distinction
- Retention Rate: 99.3%
- Student Destination Rate (In education, training or emplyment): 96% (remaining 4% currently in gap year)
- Progress in English: 4.67
- Progress in Maths: 3.93